Diane Field began her legal career as a litigator in New York City and New Jersey. Her early career was spent in State and Federal court systems where she represented clients in a broad variety of proceedings including Family Law, Real Estate and complex personal injury and products liability lawsuits.
In 1997 Diane decided to move her practice to the Chicagoland area and focus primarily on Family Law as well as other matters involving the family including real estate and select criminal matters. While changing the focus of her practice to divorce and the various types of law that relate to this difficult time in anyone’s life, Diane earned a reputation as an attorney who always tried to bring both sides together in order to communicate and mediate.
Diane has always felt that even through these difficult times, both sides can be brought together in an atmosphere of respect and dignity in order to come to a resolution that meets the needs of both parties. However, in cases where her client is not treated in a fair manner by their former spouse or domestic partner, Diane has proven herself to be a tireless litigator who will fight for her clients in court in order to ensure their interests are represented in a fair manner.
- BA – Michigan State University
- JD – Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Certified Trained Family Law Mediator – Northwestern University
- Collaborative Law Training – Collaborative Law Institute of Michigan
State Bar Admissions
- New York
- New Jersey
Federal Court Admissions
- Illinois – Northern District
- New York – Southern and Eastern District
- New Jersey – Southern and Eastern District
- Illinois State Bar Association
Mediator for Cook County Domestic Relations Program
- “Can You Divorce Without A Fight?” MakeItBetter.net, July 2010.
- The Lilac Tree: Marketing Committee
- Chicago Divorce Toolkit Moderator: Meetup.com